Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Injury-free

It's been a long time since I've had a training related injury.  Maybe I shouldn't be talking about it but just thinking about it makes me smile. 

When I started training for Ironman last year I got to a point where I was stiff and sore on a regular basis and my body felt... well... tired.  For the first time in my life I started getting a massage on a regular basis.  Three words: A-MA-ZING.  Well, maybe I was able to describe that in one single word, ha. 

My massage therapist, let's call him A, is amazing.  He is a great listener and will really focus on addressing all my concerns.  Last night was the first time this season that I went back to him.  My thought: "Why did I wait so long to come back?"  I had put it off due to work and other little things happening but I'm glad I finally came back. 

I scheduled three other sessions for the following few weeks and can't wait to go back.  It's an hour of my week that I get to close my eyes, relax and feel all that my muscles do for me.  Not that I think the reason why I have been injury is 100% because of the massaged but I definitely think it plays an important role during hard weeks of training. 

Here's to another year of injury-free training!

No comments:

Post a Comment