I'm no Grinch, I swear. I'm just more of a "today" person, rather than "tomorrow". I do like though, that in this western world that we live in, we get a day when we get to push the reset button and every one we know will acknowledge it. It's a fresh start. In addition, we get a day when we get to go back and reflect on the past 365 days (who came up with this number anyway, why not 350 or 400?). I personally had an amazing year although after I did the math, I'm disappointed about one thing (keep reading).
Here are my Top 5 Accomplishments of 2013 (no specific order):
1. Marathon PR in February: New Orleans Marathon: 4h 15m 06s
2. Half Marathon PR in April: Platte River Half: 1h 57m 23s (my first ever sub-2hr half)
3. 5K PR in April: 24m 37s. This was also the day when my ex-boyfriend (now husband) proposed.
4. Ran my first ultra Relay. It's insanely hard to run on no sleep. Regardless, we won 1st place for the ultra division.
5. Ran my first 50 mile race. While I said I'd never do it again. I have my eyes on some more now.
With all these races, there was a lot of training and with help of certain gadgets, I was able to track down how many miles total I ran this year. The big number was 917 miles. THAT'S WHAT I'M DISAPPOINTED IN! How did I not get to 1000? Refer to my last post here and check #1. That's why I didn't get to 1000. Maybe 2014 will be my year.
What was your #1 accomplishment of 2013?