Monday, December 30, 2013

I don't always go on diets, but when I do...

I do it all wrong!!

That's right! I'm a HORRIBLE eater. I mean, I'm that girl who would eat a whole bag of Sea Salt and Vinegar chips dipped in fake Lays French Onion Dip. And I hide them from my husband... that's right. And I'm proud of it.

I've tried multiple healthy-eating diets, only to try them out for a day or two and then eating crappy snacks in between my very healthy meals. And there's always an excuse for me to eat those snacks, like for example: "I just ran 10 miles, I EARNED my chips". You would ask yourself why don't I have healthier snacks at home. Well, let's get real. Dehydrated kale chips are no Jalapeno greasy potato chips. An apple? Yeah, that's no delicious peanut brittle. Don't get me wrong, I'll eat the apple, too. On top of the chips. And the peanut brittle. Yum.

The one thing I can do is change ONE thing on my diet. For now anyway. My breakfast is always somewhat lame. My everyday breakfast consists of scrambled eggs or cereal with a glass of orange juice so I thought: "What if I make my lame breakfast, a lame way to get some healthy stuff in?"  So I did. I'm on day 4 of drinking a delicious smoothie for breakfast. A green one. And it actually tastes good, which makes my breakfast somewhat less lame but a million times better, I think. I drink kale and spinach that tastes like mango and strawberries. So I get a full serving of veggies and a full serving of fruit to kick start my day. And GUESS WHAT? My stomach is feeling better and my energy level is much better as well.  It's no diet... but it's a small change that will at least get some of the good stuff in my body. For me to give up all the other stuff will be hard, but for now, that keeps me satisfied until lunch time without me browsing the pantry every 5 minutes.

Anyway, figured I'd share I now drink green smoothies. So Boulder of me... but don't get me wrong. I still love me some green chips and candy and crappy goodness. :)

Happy running.

No comments:

Post a Comment