Saturday, June 23, 2012

Ironman Week - Day 6

Anticipation is the worst.  We have worked hard for the past 6 months for this one day but it's not quite that day yet. But we shouldn't do much today either.  Except for rest the legs.

I'm nervous... so I obviously woke up at 5:50am again (see my twitter). It's getting old, but I decided to stay in bed for a while longer.  I got up at 7:00 and was the first one to come out of the bedroom with my puppy. I decided to start setting up my gear since we had  to drop it all off today so it's ready for tomorrow.  I realized I didn't bring a second pair of shoes.  I had to drop off my running gear so, I had to stop by Fleet Feet to get some new ones.  I bought a pair of Nike Structure Triax since my Citius ones are no longer available.  I'm thinking of writing a long letter to Nike in hopes that they'll bring them back.  Regardless, I hope the Structure ones will be as good as the others.  

After dropping off the gear and my bike, we drove up to Hayden Lake (GORGEOUS) and came back home for a light lunch and relaxing time.  I will now eat a healthy carb dinner and go to bed hoping I get a good night sleep.  It's hard to think about anything else.  I can't wait for my big day tomorrow.  I believe I can do pretty well.  

And hoping to make myself accountable for a good effort I will share my goals now: 

Swim: 1h45m
Bike: 7h
Run: 5h30m

This adds up to 14h15m and I set a goal of 8m max per transition for a total time of 14h31m.  It would be an hour and 20 minutes faster than last year and I believe it's asking for too much... but in all honesty, anything under 15 hours will be amazing!  

For more info, follow me on my twitter @TriGaby83 or at http://live.ironmanlive.com

See you at the finish line... 

No comments:

Post a Comment