Friday, June 22, 2012

Ironman Week - Day 5

Welcome to Coeur D'Alene, Idaho.  I woke up in Coeur D'Alene this morning.  Early.  I, again, couldn't sleep much more after 5:50am, so decided to get up and get my day going.  I worked for a little bit.

As always, Coeur D'Alene is goergeous and the house we rented is on top of a hill.. we have amazing view of the lake.  We went down to the expo and picked up our packets.  We got a SUPER awesome transition bag so I was content right then.  I  took pictures with my brand new pack.  Made my day.  Shortly after that, we cruised around the extremely over-priced Ironman Store.  There's all sorts of stuff and I will give you ANYTHING if you find something that does not have the "M-DOT" logo.  I, of course, purchased a hoodie and a frame for my finisher's picture.

Jolene and I went for a swim in the lake to "test out the waters". It felt chilly when we first got in, but it was REALLY nice to swim this time around.  It was 82 degrees outside, so it felt refreshing.  While it was hard to get my face in at first, once I started, it was easy breezy.  I swam roughly 20 minutes and had to get out, which was a bummer since I was actually enjoying my swim, but had to pick up my mom, Leah and Zack from the airport.

We cruised around town for a while, had some food and came home for a relaxing afternoon.  We are getting ready to go out for dinner.  It's been a much mellow day than my previous 5 days and I don't feel nearly as nervous.  Everything from this point on  is familiar and I feel at peace with my preparation.

View coming down from our house and into town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment