Monday, June 18, 2012

Ironman Week - Day 1

This is it.  I better be feeling good, cause there's not much more I can do.  Fortunately, I'm feeling good.  Still, woke up and was FREAKING OUT.  Because, well, THIS IS IT.  I have no words to express how nervous I am and how uneasy I've been all day.

I rode my bike to the bus stop in Louisville, got to the office at 7:50am and tried to work.  That hasn't really happened.  Tried to zone out for a bit, but didn't quite accomplish what I wanted to accomplish.  Don't feel like I didn't work enough, because I certainly did as much as I could, but my mind won't let me work.

Still have lots of things in my mind.  I gotta clean my house, drink water, pack, drink water, pick up my support crew's t-shirts, drink water.  Oh, and drink water.  STAY HYDRATED.

I am going to go swim in a few minutes.  My last boring mind-challenging swim session. 60m w/10x 200 w/30s recoveries, then 10x 100 w/15s recoveries, then 500 nonstop.  If that makes sense to you, good.  If not, well, too bad.  It's just long and boring.  Nice to challenge my mind one last time though.

I want to finish reading my book also. Although I sorta just started it.  I've also been watching 24 which seems like a better option since it REALLY takes my mind off of this weekend's big day.

I also keep tracking the weather... wanting to not be too concerned about it.  I will start rain or shine and I will finish.  So why even stress out??  Currently, there's 30% chance of a few scattered showers with a high of 73, so it's not bad at all, just hoping to avoid rain overall. But who knows, 30% chance is pretty low.  However, I will keep torturing myself by checking the weather 3 times per hour.

All in all, I'm nervous. I wish I could sleep through Sunday to not have to think about it, but anticipation plays a huge role.  Honestly, I can't wait until race day.  It's going to be a great day.  

(And that was literally spitting out my thoughts as they race through my mind)

No comments:

Post a Comment