Sunday, January 27, 2013

Starting Over

Alright, I'm done being sick.  I'm done, done, done.  I'm thinking I should never ever be sick again.  I feel much better today and I do think this is it.  I'm ready to get back into training, having energy to cook and eat healthy, sleeping well and playing hard on the weekends.  This I will say: I will run the NoLa Marathon and I will kick it's ass.  

Yesterday I woke up drowsy and still with a little bit of a cough. I was lazy and the overcast day helped make my decision of staying home and not going for a bike ride.  I did get a manicure (my nails look so pretty) and I did go to Yoga for the first time.  I'm gonna say this: It wasn't as bad as I thought, but it wasn't as awesome as others think it is.  Question is: would I do it again?  Probably.  Often? Maybe not. My favorite part is when they made us lay on our backs and take deep breaths at the end of the class.  I would do that again.  I liked that.  And to be honest, I would even do it at home.  

On the other hand, to not underestimate yoga, I did wake up feeling AMAZING.  My breathing pain is gone almost completely.  I've been encouraged by doctors to take deep breaths to get as much oxygen into my lungs as possible to help the infection go away.  Little did I know, that taking deep breaths while on weird poses while stretching would be incredibly beneficial.  I guess I should've known, but as a non-yoga person, I just didn't think about it.  

Also, this class encouraged me to go online and check out other class options at the gym.  So I'm thinking, as my new and renewed New Year's Day tomorrow (Monday Jan 28th), I will try and go to Body Pump and Boot-camp classes at 6am.  I will just try to make it happen, I still find it so hard to wake up too early.  

No comments:

Post a Comment