Thursday, July 11, 2013

Mt. Hood 50 Week - Day 4

Today's the day I leave for Portland.  I'm so excited. 

Late flight tonight
I barely slept last night which is usually the case the day before I travel. I don't know what is it about traveling that has me up until late: cleaning, doing laundry, packing, etc.  This time was different though since I knew this ALWAYS happens and I wanted to get ahead of the game. And also, my flight is not until 10 so I will be able to finish up some stuff before leaving.  So WHY did I still sleep very little?  Well, I was happily folding clothes when I received an email that included the last piece of paper I needed to send my application to Immigration Services for permanent residency. The rest of the paperwork was basically ready, but holy cow... reading it over and over, making sure it's all signed, making cover letters and cover pages and making sure I have the right documents and the right amount of copies.  And finally, make copies of it all for my records (around 100 pages).  

Today I dropped it off at Fedex and it's gone... out of my hands. I've never had an actual anxiety attack, but today I did. I know, pathetic, but it makes me nervous that it's no longer up to me. It did help to take my mind off of the race for a day though. While my stupid anxiety attack lasted a couple of hours, I eventually felt slightly relieved. It's like I have nothing major to worry about for a while. Ok, wedding planning is stressful, but it's different kind of stress. If the DJ doesn't play one song, it wouldn't be the end of the world. Getting kicked out of the County while the love of my life is here, is SORT OF a big deal.  Helps put things in perspective, huh?  Now I can focus in other things that I've been putting off for months. I've already tackled a couple of things, feels better. 

Since I haven't thought about it at all today, I don't have much to say today, except that the weather is still on track to be SUPER nice on Saturday. 

Looks like we'll get a little bit of cloud cover now... hopefully towards the later part of the race. 
Now, off to drop off Levi with Leah, get some last items and off to have a drink at the airport to celebrate that the app is on it's way to Chicago! 

No comments:

Post a Comment