Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My favorite kind of run...

Or should I call it "runs". LOL.

I'm SORRY. This is MY blog and I NEED to talk about this... so if you're not a runner or get easily grossed out you may want to skip this one post.

What's on the schedule for today? Recovery run. And Lindsay had asked if we could do some short hill intervals. So I decided to go with her on a 4ish mile loop which included some hills. I went to work after a nice healthy breakfast, I worked hard, had a salad for lunch, went back to work, enjoyed a SMALL slice of cake (I swear it was small), went to a meeting and at the end of the day, drove up to Lindsay's.

We got ready and headed out on a run that she had mapped out.  The whole first mile was uphill and while we were running a comfortable pace, I told Lindsay we should slow down to help her pace herself and make it all the way to the top without walking. She did.  We got to the top of the hill in 14 minutes and it was just under 1.2 miles. Drank some water and down we go...

Wait, my stomach started feeling weird... uh oh, no. UH OH (yep, with capital letters).

Ok, what the heck is the deal with the extremely urgent need to "use" the restroom (to put it nicely)? Alright, I'll be more accurate: WHAT THE HECK IS THE DEAL WITH THE EXTREME NEED TO DESTROY A BATHROOM? And I'm still being sorta nice with that statement.

I'm almost positive there's something in my diet I should completely eliminate: dairy. Yet cheese is my favorite thing in the world, so I continue to eat it.  Is my need to poop while running consistent to eating dairy, you ask?  No, it isn't.  That said, that's probably the reason why I just won't stop eating it.  Usually, if 5 hours go by after eating dairy, I can run no problem.  But eating office birthday cake (delicious, by the way) at 4pm and running at 5:30 means I will eliminate it all. :)

So our run today consisted of a nice steady uphill run of 1.2 miles, a painful downhill of a half a mile to where I decided we needed to circle back towards the beginning of our run so I could destroy a public bathroom, then run towards "our" hill. I enjoyed my second mile the most as I had a gigantic smile on my face after "taking care of business" and although tired, did four 30-second hill intervals and a nice downhill cool down for a total of 5.05 miles.

And a piece of advice, if you run, at all... IT WILL HAPPEN. So just embrace it.  It happens to the best of us.

1 comment: