Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Dash and Dine #2

Weather was significantly better for race number two. I could still feel a slight breeze, but in general it was all good. No excuses, the pressure was on.

If you read my blog last week, you know I was slightly pissed off with my time (despite my 3rd place in my Age Group). I needed it to be faster this week. I could tell right away there were more people and I was itching to get started. My biggest issue with these runs is that I'm very inconsistent (almost as inconsistent as the first and last mile of a marathon). So, usually, my first mile is insanely fast... usually a pace I can't maintain even if there was money waiting for me at the end of the second mile. My second mile is always the slowest; as slow as the sloppy mile 24 of a marathon. The third mile is faster, but not as fast as mile 1.

So, all in all my goal was to run 25 seconds faster than on week 1, and hopefully a little more to break 26 minutes. So yes. I ran 42 seconds faster the previous week, I broke 26 minutes by 9 seconds and I still placed 3rd in my age group. This result, as of last week, had me on 5th place overall female for the series. I have 3 races to go but I didn't do it yesterday (mostly due to exhausted legs because of the marathon and half marathon I ran this past weekend), but hopefully, the next 3 (and last 3) will be where I peak (or where people don't show up and I win). After yesterday's race, I'm sitting at 6th place overall women for the series. Ugh, I never thought I'd be competitive for these lil 5k's.

3rd place Age Group two weeks in a row. 

No comments:

Post a Comment