Saturday, April 13, 2013

Day 1- Thinking of you

It's been hard to come to peace with my decision to not go to Alaska. Since my man flew out on Wednesday, I've been an emotional wreck. I can't help but be jealous and wish I was there with him. "I should've quit my job" is a thought that constantly enters my mind. It's one of those times that my heart speaks louder than my mind.

I drove up to the mountains today, and as I was driving, I couldn't help but see the stars. It was such a beautiful clear night. And the moon. WOW. What a moon! I could see the whole moon even though only a small part was lit up.

I cried lots today as I said goodbye to my man. He was in Talkeetna, Alaska today and boarded a plane to get dropped off at the Pika Glacier. It was hard to say goodbye. I still wished I was there and can't believe I'm not. Such stupid decision to put work before life experiences. I should get paid to experience life.

Anyway, I wanted to write and tell my man that I love him. And mostly, I wanted nothing but to talk to him and ask him... "Can you see the stars the way I can see them in Colorado? Is the moon as bright there as it is here? Are the skies as clear as they are here tonight?"  I can only hope he is asking himself the same questions. I love you, Bicho!

No comments:

Post a Comment