Saturday, July 7, 2012

Partly cloudy, hot and humid...

The weather today called for a nice day today.  Scattered clouds and warm but heavier rain in the afternoon into the night.  I decided to sleep in for the first time in 6 months.  Boy, it felt good.  I had a late breakfast and cleaned around the house.  Early in the afternoon, roughly around 2pm, I finally decided to get ready and head out for a run.

This would be my second run after my Ironman and I felt pretty good.  Not only that, but I had a brand new pair of shiny running shoes that I needed to try out.  I went for a long walk with Levi before I went out only to realize it felt humid.  YUCK.  I HATE humidity.

Regardless of the wet soil along my run from last night's downpour, I had a pretty decent run and would smile every time I'd look down to my feet to see incredibly bright shoes.  I left my house in Louisville and ran East along the path.  Turned around at 2 miles and came back home for a total of 4 miles.  My average pace was 9:09 min/mile with my second mile being the fastest at 8:50 min/mile.  The first and third were around the 9 minute mark and the last was a little slower at 9:20 min/mile.

I enjoyed my run, and most of all I enjoyed running with no pain and with my new shoes.  After today, I believe these are the right choice.  I am happy that I went back and asked for a different pair than the Nike Structures.  Off to bed for now.  Happy running.

After our first run together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment